lunes, 19 de noviembre de 2012

Silly me. I left my turntable on with a record on it all night some days ago. I was listening to music when my mother came fro the hall. I sat uo to open the door. She was coming with Cecilia and I completely forgot to turn it off. The morning after, I stared in shock how the needle has carved a deep track on the record, leaving a white dust around it! So I took the turntable to my turntable "guru", and he impressed me once again! This old man is amazing. I took the turntable to him right when I was going to the proyecto intgrado because I was going to handle the data show. So I was planning to drop it on my way to the theater. But he fixed it right away. I told him I had no money on me because I thought I would have to leave it with him, but he told me not to worry and pay later!!

He also told me that in the point of contact of the needle and the track, a high temperature of around 800°C can be produced. Well, he has never seen that himself, but he says he has witnessed teps of up to 720°C. He also says that for measuring this, a laser thermometer is used.

Unfortunately, apart from the Lady record that I spoiled that night, I also spoiled the Sara record, because the needle was not correctly installed and it was shaped like a hook. Well, it's not a big loss because that last record has a lot of background noise. Now I have an excuse to buy a better copy! :)

I'm very happy now because the records sound much better than before the accident! :)

I have been in a good mood these days, even having gone to the meeting with my mother. Brother Carlos looks at me with a worried face because I make no comments. Well, that makes me feel sort of awkward, but I guess my lack of comments is no news for them.

We went to the saval last weekend. It was so enjoyable. We had a light lunch there and lay by the river at the bottom of the botanical garden. I discovered that I can take a great picture of Valdivia from a certain far corner of the garden. I'd love to had a good camera. Anyways, I took some pics of mushrooms growing under pines in the botanical garden with my cellphone, and they were quite good. Even better than with my camera! I uploaded the pics of one of the mushrooms to the Facebook account of this "mushroom lady" asking for identification, but she has not replied. I wonder if it is a new kind of mushroom.

I have learned about so many different kinds of edible mushrooms growing in Chile. Leti told me that she used to go and harvest lots of them in her parents' house when she was a kid. That got on my nerves! I told her that she has to invite me one day. But she says that things are not the same as before, because those places have been "cleaned", meaning that all trees and bushed have been cut off, so now its difficult to find mushrooms. You have to go farther in the forest, but there are pumas there. Scary! But she says that pumas run away from people. Let's hope so!

It's been difficult to take my eyes away from some of my students these days. It's spring. I hate spring. It's getting warmer (last week was suffocating) and the kids are wearing lighter clothes... and I start suffering!!! Iván has those huge, beautiful, bulging, seductive pecs!!! They drive me completely nuts!!! He has caught me several times glancing at him. I pretend nothing happens, but I'm sure he knows I'm looking at him. What can I do!!!??? I'm so weak!! I promise I try not to look... but it's beyond me. :( If I could only lick those hard nipples...

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario